Wednesday, April 29, 2009

how much do i hate thee?

i know it's been a while, but i have a few things that have been bugging me:

i hate the red sox. in fact, i hate pretty much anything having to do with boston. if it wasn't for sam adams and clam chowder, i'd say blow the whole damn town into the ocean.

george carlin once said 'hard work is for people short on talent.' finally, an explanation for dustin pedroia.

seriously, pedroia's first job was baking cookies in a tree for keebler.

in fact, i could have sworn he was one of the kids from tlc's 'little people, big world.'

if i say i hate kevin youkilis, does that make me anti-semitic?

ranger defenseman paul mara's beard has a bigger dick than kevin youkilis' beard.

ok, some football stuff:

terrell owens is on the bills. trent edwards now has the worst job in the world.

did you see brett favre got released by the jets, even though he is 'retired'? i'll bet my left man-boob he plays for the vikings next year.

speaking of the jets, they drafted their future quarterback of the future, after their present quarterback of the past retired and they decided that their present quarterback of the future was not the future quarterback of the present. did you follow that? that's the jets for you.

michael vick is going to be released from prison soon. he is scheduled to do his work-release program at petsmart. the hamsters are terrified.

the giants did the right thing by releasing plastico. however, if he gets out of jail time, at least he dodged that bullet.

why do they call it a 'west coast offense' if an east coast team is using it? and wouldn't the time zone difference cause the receivers to be 3 hours behind?

that's all i got for now, tune in next time for a bengals mini-camp report from ohio state - the prison, not the university.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joe,
When I was a child, I was actually both a Red Sox and Yankees fan. I was a child and didn't understand the rivalry between the two. That all changed in 2004. Even though the Sox made it to the playoffs before, they were always the kid brother of the relationship. In 2004 though, they did what all kid brothers do when they are fed up w/ being the younger and uglier child. They got their revenge but pushed it too far. From then I was a Yankees fan and Yankees fan alone. It hurt that the Sox had betrayed me. Yes, they specifically betrayed me.

I am with you on Favre man. I won't believe he is retired until he is in Canton or pushes congress to make a law that says he cannot play ever again and even then I wouldn't trust him. I think he is just as much a distraction and egotistical as your Plaxicos, Owens, and Ocho Cincos of the world. Yet people (which I won't name here but I think you know) get down on their knees and....well, you can fill in the blank anyway you want to. He screwed over the Packers and he did the same to the Jets. I didn't like the Jets bringing him over but when the team voted him as one of the captains, I gave him a chance. But as the season went on and CBS would make any excuse to get him on camera, the dude always was away from the team and pouting. Wait, no, that's not fair. When he threw a TD pass he was the ultimate team player, otherwise he refused to be part of the team. AHHHHH!!!!

Also, I didn't understand why the Jets traded up for Sanchez. A month ago the guy wasn't a top 10 pick but in the last two weeks dude gets a lot of PR and now he is the next coming of John Elway. Oh boy! Jets fans suffer from Joe Beningoism, they are attracted to the big name. I am not saying Sanchez won't be great but the Jets have been intent on starting Clemens for three years now (including this year), yet they find excuses not to start him. To bench him for Pennington - fine, Chad was there first but for Sanchez and Favre? Really? Remember the Jets once coveted this dude. He was a day one pick and now they are showing him the door they want him to walk through a year from now. I hope Sanchez does great things in New York but the football planning of the Jets sometimes frustrates me.

joe said...

hehe...sounds like you were a very confused child ;)

so if sanchez does well, then all is forgiven?

Unknown said...

I am rooting for Sanchez no matter what. He is on the Jets and wants to prove something or he will be out of a job (unlike Favre who had already proven himself and would get picked up by several different teams). I am just saying the Jets are setting a bad precedent two years in a row with Clemens. Clemens was set to be the starter game 1 last year. He was set to be the starter this year up to about a month ago as well. I know football is cut throat but show the guy some decency. The pick wasn't discussed with him until it actually happened. Its not the Jets responsibility to keep him abreast of their plans but maybe they could have told him, hey its gonna be open competition this year (regardless of if they draft another qb or not). I guess I am a softy but in the NFL sometimes players are treated more as commodities than as human beings...at least more than usual.